Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hump Day #1

Ah yes...Wednesday. Hump Day if you will. The day "full of woe". Named for the Norse god Woden, and the Roman god Mercury. Ok...I'll stop with the history lesson, you can read about it here.

I learned (yesterday, but its just now setting in) that Solder Boy is going off to war in about a year. Next weekend he go through mobilization training and before you know it he'll be playing medic with infantry up in Northern Afghanistan. I am not a happy camper. Yes, I know we're not a couple anymore, but he'll always have that little bit of my heart. He is my best friend and first love. No one else knows me better than him right now. I don't even want to think about what happens if...

Anywho, since wednesday is known to be a Debbie Downer I thought I'd post something fun and uplifting. And since Zaccy the Soldier Boy is leaving in a year (it will fly by) I went with a military theme.

P.S: I'm a dirty, liberal, hippie (which Zac makes fun of, its amusing, but I shower thus am attractive). War is bad, but I love our soldiers. And I love this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment