Wednesday, February 11, 2009

En ädel syn ny väntas kan, Styrka uråldrig och ära sann

The sun is attempting to break through the clouds, the wind is cold but the air feels warm, I’m sitting around my room in capri length lounge pants, and my body is aching to go play. Luckily my mind is smarter than my body and tells me the truth…it’s still February, its still winter and it’s still chilly out there. Ohio weather is a dirty, dirty tease.

Even though my hip is bothering me, and my knees sound like pop rocks when I climb stairs, I wanna hop on my bike and go all 30 miles of the trail here in town just to have that feeling of being outside and active. If people were home or I had the ability to get to a Dag practice I’d run around all day with them. But alas I am alone in Mount Vernon. And don’t get me started on the stupid army taking my favorite bored Mount Vernonite who drops everything to play AND pays for shit. Is it April yet?

At least I have March to look forward to. Holy shit there will be a lot of people in this house. It’s like the Ragnarok caravan all over again…but for an extended amount of time. Dad doesn’t seem too pleased with the thought of that many people being upstairs at one time. He seems to think that the house will fall down. Depending the time everyone is here we can take over most of the house. Hell, it might be warm enough we can hang and play outside for a bit. Dad will be just fine sitting in his shop, he’ll have to read his blogs at another time. Mom is very welcoming and pretty excited to see everyone. As long as she has time to sit in the living room alone, drink her coffee and shower we’ll be fine. I expect we won’t be squatting for long. This trip should be epic.

Oh and…I’m so happy that I’m 22, unmarried, not committed to a man, and not pregnant or in possession of a child. Just sayin…

No comments:

Post a Comment